Journey To Faith: a local church training course
“Sharing our faith with others is not just something for the professionals or for the specially holy or gifted but needs to be at the heartbeat of the local church, woven into the fabric of our life together”
Evangelism is part of the local church’s ongoing life but many rural churches struggle with it. A lack of understanding or experience, fear or confusion over roles, and small congregation sizes are all factors that can contribute to this struggle.
Journey to Faith is a simple training programme, produced by the Arthur Rank Centre, which is designed to equip local rural congregations The programme can be run by any local church or group of churches over two half-days. No outside help is required and all the necessary materials are free to download below. We also provide optional supplementary resources, links to useful material/ideas elsewhere and a Resource Manual for every participant to take away.
“Some courses tell you 'what', and leave you feeling rather nonplussed about how to move from where you are to where you should be. This course was so practical and geared specifically to a rural setting that it helped us to know the 'how' and be motivated to do it because it had been made to seem infinitely do-able!" (St Margaret’s in West Hoathly, Sussex)
The Complete Training Module - revised (as a zip file)
• Five Is & Intentional Evangelism
• A Truthful Story
• B2CS (Back to Church Sunday) in a Rural Parish
• B2CS (Back to Church Sunday) in a Year
• Rural Church Year Cycle – document template - revised (and as a simple .pdf)
• Rural Church Year Cycle– slide template - revised
• Simple Church & Community Profiling Tools
• Six Serving Men with notes
• The Big Welcome (2012) and also see the website here
• Useful Resources