Saturday 15 October 2016, Coventry 10am - 4pm
The 2016 Germinate! conference “Making it happen” will focus on the challenge of deepening discipleship in order to inspire, encourage and equip flourishing rural mission.
KEY NOTE SPEAKERS: Revd Dr Roger Walton, President of the Methodist Conference 2016/7, on discipleship; and Pete Atkins, Team Co-ordinator for Fresh Expressions
- Major National Day Conference on Rural Mission
- For lay, clergy and regional church leaders
- Supported by the main churches, networks and organisations that resource rural churches
- Central venue with easy road, rail and air access
- Real case studies and practical workshops
- Details of resources for rural churches and an opportunity to share resources you have found helpful
- 2014 prices held
- Price £60. Book as a group of four or more for £48 each! From 15 September £72 per person.
- Low cost hotel accommodation available near conference venue if required.
Case studies include: rural fresh expressions; using discipleship resources; prayer spaces in schools; working ecumenically; dementia friendly churches.
You can see the timetable for the day here. This is subject to very minor change up to the day of the Conference.
Workshop choices - Choose any two from the following seven options:
1. Developing prayer A representative from Prayer Spaces in Schools
2. Developing the Ministry of Lay People Caroline Pascoe, Lay Development Officer, Diocese of Hereford
3. Making disciples in Messy Church Jane Butcher , BRF
4. Developing discipleship in older people Pete Atkins, Fresh Expressions
5. Missional listening Simon Mattholie, CEO Rural Ministries
6. Germinate Groups introduction and training Jerry Marshall, CEO Arthur Rank Centre
7. Germinate Enterprise introduction and training Jerry Marshall, CEO Arthur Rank Centre
Workshop options 6 and 7 are information and training sessions for those interested in learning more about Germinate Groups,
or Germinate Enterprise, Rural Business Start-up Programme www.germinate.net/go/enterprise
You can make and pay for your booking on-line from here.
PLEASE NOTE! You can only make and pay for one delegate place at a time. If you need to make multiple bookings please call the office on 024 76853060.
The Welcome Centre, 47 Parkside, Coventry, CV1 2HG is walking distance from Coventry railway station, with fast rail access from Birmingham Airport, and close to main motorways. There is free on-site parking.
Information about local hotel accomodation can be found here
Comments on the 2014 conference:
"An excellent day - lots of practical ideas to take back."
"Most focused and inspiring rural conference I have ever attended!"
"Well worth the cost and a great help to our lay leaders."
"Energising, creative, inspiring… exciting to be part of this."
"Very enjoyable and uplifting - I feel very encouraged."
"I'm left with a feeling of excitement and renewal."
"Absolutely brilliant day!"